A few months ago, I challenged our church to spend 2% of their lives each year on a foreign mission field. That works out to be about one week a year. Here is what we've found...that 2% of your life will radically transform the other 98%.

 

 

Many churches have a good program to reach the reached – and no program to reach the unreached. Some of our church's opportunities for GOING will be to "reached" areas and some will be to "unreached" areas of the world. We're thrilled to announce that one of these trips will be GOING to the country of Honduras next June.

 

May God wreck our comfortable Christianity and send us to the nations. His Gospel is more important than our comforts. John Falconer would add,

“I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light.”

 

At Faith Family Church, we have a motto and a vision. It goes like this:

Faith Family Church is a Great Commission church, which means that every ministry is a Great Commission ministry, every growth group is a Great Commission growth group, every nursery a Great Commission nursery, every child's class a Great Commission child’s class, and by God’s grace, every member a Great Commission member. We GO because He CAME!

 

*We are indebted to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary for this emphasis and idea. We are also encouraging our people to enroll in the SEBTS Great Commission Certificate Training Program. You will be hearing more about it in the future, but until then check out more details here http://cert.sebts.edu.